Did you know that every year we dump a massive 2.12 billion tons of waste? And the worst part: 99 percent of this waste is stuff we buy and trash within 6 months!
We often don’t think of the waste we produce or the impact it may have beyond the climate, especially because the impact is not immediately visible to us. However, in the long run, all our actions and all our unnecessary waste has a negative consequence on the world we live in.
We are often caught wasting valuable resources that could be recycled and reused.
As we sit at home, waiting for the world to gain more control of the global pandemic, we at CAS Trips thought it would be a good time to get students across the world involved in an engaging social media challenge. And so, the Waste Reduction Challenge was born.
Waste reduction is something that everyone can participate in; from your baby brother all the way to your great grandmother! Here’s a step for step guide on how you, your friends and your school can join us.
- Visit our webpage dedicated to the Waste Reduction Challenge: https://www.castrips.org/wrc/
- Take note of which challenge (if not all) you want to participate in. You can choose between Plastic Waste, Food Waste, Sustainable Fashion and General Waste. The theme changes each Wednesday.
- Join our 20-minute Zoom live session at 16:00 CET every Wednesday to kick off the weekly challenge. We have some special guests joining too! The link can be found on our webpage.
- On our website, click the button “Download Materials” – these will help guide you through the weekly challenges.
- Submit your weekly challenge to [email protected].
We look forward to seeing our global community come together and work towards less waste! Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay on the look-out for our daily updates and waste reduction inspiration.
If you have any questions regarding the challenge, please contact us.
To wrap it up, we’ll let Neil from CAS Trips take over…
See you online to make a change soon!